Monday, January 12, 2015

Guest Post: S.M. Blooding, WHISKEY WITCHES


Top 10 Behind-the-Scenes Moments of Whiskey Witches Season 1
 
10. The Connection Between Whiskey Witches and Supernatural
It’s hard to believe, but Whiskey Witches, draft #1 was written about a year before Supernatural Season 1. I had thought I was being super original, but then when Supernatural came out, I was like, “Uh, were we on the same wave length here?”

9. The Moment Dean Replaced Dexx
Dexx has been in existence longer than Dean. However, I’d just gotten through a Supernatural binge week (hey, sometimes those just have to happen) and in one entire scene, I couldn’t type Dexx to save my life. Every time I went to type his name, Dean’s name appeared.
Okay. Sure. They’re kinda similar. It’s uncanny, actually, but they’re two very different people with different backgrounds. Also, they prefer different weapons. Though . . . the trunks of their cars. Yeah. Oi.

8. Multiple Jacks
Many, many, many moons ago, Dexx introduced me to Jackie. She’s a 1970 Dodge Challenger. She’s a beast and I love her. I particularly enjoy scenes where she gets some character and interaction.
But then Special Agent Jack Scott came along about eight years later. I tried changing his name. I did change his name, but as I wrote his scenes—every one of his scenes, mind you—his name would always come out of my fingers as Jack.

7. Excessive Cursing
Yes. I curse. I was raised military/coal mine, went into the military, and now I’m in construction.  I breathe curse words. I decided to let myself have a little fun with real curse words. It’s been liberating.

6. A Coworker Spots My Broom . . .
One day, I invited a coworker over to my place. We finished up and on her way out, she stops, points at the ceiling above my door and says, “You have a broom . . . on your ceiling.”
What am I supposed to say? “OMW! You’re right! How’d that get up there?!”
It’s my broom!

5. The Not-So-Real Paranormal Investigation
The investigation that’s in the book is pretty close to the original. I kept it that way as a joke. After I wrote it, I decided maybe it would be a good idea to become a paranormal investigator so I’d know what the frell I was talking about.
Yeah. The stuff that happened in the book probably wouldn’t happen in real life. I’m not saying it couldn’t. I’m not. But that much stuff? In one over-night investigation? Seriously? OMW! No. Just no.

4. My Own EVP
However, being a paranormal investigator, I get real evidence and it’s cool! I even have a clip where a spirit and I were going at it—he pissed me off—and I caught him saying, “F____ you!”
  
3. Paige’s Custody Case
The real character arc story is Paige’s custody battle with her mother. This is not my custody battle. Mine’s much different. This is, however, based off of a real case.
Grandparents really do have a lot of rights when it comes to children of single parents. The court system, for some reason, sees most single parents as failures and whores. It’s sad, but there’s a lot of these stories in the US. People are generally too ashamed to talk about it.

2. A Real-Life Demon Exterminator
A lot of people think that if there’s a real demon possession, a priest will be the one to perform an exorcism. Not so. To go through the Church is a very lengthy process that could take years just to approve.
I interviewed a real-life exorcist. He was quite interesting to talk to, though, the whole thing was a bit eerie. I’ll admit, over half of me was wondering if he was deranged or on drugs.
The idea that demon possession could be real. . . Just talking to him about gave me the hibby-jibbies. It was a little like facing death for the first time.

1. I Am A Vampire
When I first came to Denver, I joined a bagpipe band. Yes. I can play bagpipes. I was teaching the newbies and met this guy. He was tall, pale, and ginger. He wore the souls he’d collected on his skin like trophies (freckles).
We were doing what adults sometimes do in bed before they get married, and he clamped his teeth on my throat.

I was laying there going, “What is he doing?” That slipped to, “So that’s what that nerve cluster feels like when it’s activated.”

Then, he rose and said in his best Dracula voice, “I am a vampire and I have created you.”

Wait. WHAT?!

He was serious.

I pushed him out of my bed, threw his clothes at him, and kicked him out of my apartment.
About five minutes later, he leaves a message on my messaging machine (anyone remember those?). “Baby, just give me a chance. I understand the transition can be rough, but we can make it through this.”

Then, about five minutes after that (it could have been longer. I was freaking out in a very immature manner), he calls back. “Honey, I need to know how serious you are. I just got the call. The President wants me to fake my death and become an assassin for the U.S. Government.”

OOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMGGGGGGG! You’ve got to be FREAKING KIDDING ME!

So, I was turned by a bagpipe-playing, vampiric, U.S. Government assassin.
*deadpan eyebrow wiggle*

Blurb:
Detective Paige Whiskey comes from a long line of witches. They may not all be the most powerful, but they are outspoken and supportive of their community. She alone has no gifts. She can’t summon fire, can’t read minds. She knows the arcane. She’s studied it. That, along with her connection to the Whiskey Witches, lands her some pretty strange cases.

Like the sacrificial murders of St. Francisville, Louisiana. There’s a killer on the loose, choosing people in a vain attempt to raise a demon. Not just any demon, though. A man born long ago, made a demon in order to protect the Gate to Hell.

Together with demon hunter, Dexx Colt, her kitchen-witch grandmother, and her paranormal investigator brother-in-law, they unravel a conspiracy far bigger than a few simple murders, and re-discover Paige’s gift.

She’s a demon summoner and she’s key to the killer’s plan.




Amazon buy link: http://www.amazon.com/Whiskey-Witches-Complete-Season-1-ebook/dp/B00Q7NGL7K/ref=twoen-20


Author info:
SM Blooding lives in Colorado with her pet rock, Rockie, and her bird, Jack, who's currently going through a midlife crisis. It could simply be winter. Frankie (SM Blooding) loves to discover new things and is currently trying to learn what a "life" is and how to get one.

If you read her stories, she'll take you to worlds you've never seen before--from planets with cities inside the arms of jellyfish to the stars of Dreamland. You just never know where she'll take you next.

She's also an investigator with a local paranormal investigation group, Colorado Paranormal Rescue!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your post will be published after administrator approval.