Monday, September 10, 2012

Interview with Nicole Bradley


Can you give us a brief overview of your latest book?
Wounded Heart is about Charity Parris going home after ending her five-year abusive marriage and losing her baby.  Once home she takes a position with her father's police force where she is partnered with her teenage crush, Josh Muldoon, and who is also her brother Brian's best friend. Sparks begin to fly between the two while they are working together to bring down a killer who has an obsession with Charity.

Did you try the traditional route to publishing, i.e. querying agents/publishers?
Yes I did. I was originally with a publishing company, but found them not to be who I wanted to be with at the time.

How are your story ideas born?
I am a avid reader and I started reading Nora Roberts. Her first book I read was Night Shield and it sparked the idea of two officers working closely together and falling in love.

Do you belong to a critique group? Have they helped improve your writing?
At the moment I'm not. But would love to be a part of one.

What’s your favorite part of the writing process?
Discovering new and interesting things about my characters. I love when they decide to take the story in a different direction then I had in mind.

What factors influenced your decision to self-publish to Amazon?
The idea that I would have total control over how my books were written and promoted where a big influence for me to self-publish.

What is your writing process?
I will sit down and write a rough draft of a story. Then I will go back and pick it apart and add or take out what doesn't flow with the story. I will then take it all and put it together into a final draft. And then hours and hours of editing.

How long did it take to write your latest release?
I believe it took me six months to write Wounded Heart.

Do you have a favorite line or scene from your latest release?
My favorite scene from Wounded Heart is when Charity shows up at Josh's apartment about two a.m wearing nothing but a leather jacket. She then strips it away and tells him she wants his hands on her.

Did you hire an editor to review your manuscript before publishing?
No I didn't. My friend Sandy is my editor so to speak. She is my second pair of eyes.

Whats up next for you?
I am currently editing my second release Arrested Heart and hope to have it released by the first of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your post will be published after administrator approval.