Wednesday, February 17, 2010

News Flash from the Land of the Clueless

Hang on to your hats, ladies and gents, you are about to enter the IDIOT ZONE:

IDIOT SIGHTINGS:


We had to have the garage door repaired. The Sears repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a 'large' enough motor on the opener. I thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest one Sears made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower. He shook his head and said, 'Lady, you need a 1/4 horsepower.' I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4. He said, 'NO, it's not.' Four is larger than two.' We haven't used Sears repair since.



My daughter and I went through the McDonald's take-out window and I gave the clerk a $5 bill. Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her a quarter. She said, 'You gave me too much money.' I said, 'Yes Iknow, but this way you can just give me a dollar bill back. She sighed and went to get the manager, who asked me to repeat my request. I did so, and he handed me back the quarter, and said 'We're sorry but we could not do that kind of thing.' The clerk then proceeded to give me back $1 and 75 cents in change.


Do not confuse the clerks at McD's.



I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked, 'Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?' To which I replied, 'If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?' He smiled knowingly and nodded, 'That's why we ask.'

Happened in Birmingham, Ala.


And my personal favorite:


How would you pronounce this child's name?

"Le-a"


Leah?? NO

Lee - A?? NOPE

Lay - a?? NO

Lei?? Guess Again.


This child attends a school inKansas City, Mo. Her mother is irate ecause everyone is getting her name wrong.


It's pronounced "Ledasha", When the Mother was asked about the pronunciation of the name, she said, "the dash don't be silent."


SO, if you see something come across your desk like this please remember to pronounce the dash.


If dey axe you why, tell dem de dash don't be silent.



Who says the USA lags behind the world in education???????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your post will be published after administrator approval.